Professional R&D focuses on ECE’s core business area's i.e.
- 5G planning aspects (transition from 2GHz up to 30GHz)
- Performance aspects of Connected Cars / IoT solutions
- Strategic views of RAN evolution
- Performance improvements of disaster scenarios
In 5G studies, ECE’s in-house full 3D sAGA Ray-Tracing software has been used to achieve maximal accuracy in the results.
Strategic views of RAN evolution is a framework including 12 separate topics to be studied and presented.
Recently, also the following research projects have been finished:
- Femto cell monitoring and optimizing concept in co-operation of Bronze Awarded Celtic HomesNet project
- Multi antenna cell configuration and simulation environment
- Maximal macro cell capacities with higher order sectoring and adaptive antenna concepts have been studied yielding new Radio Access scenarios with superior frequency reuse for future mobile networks
- Cloud Computing with a Hadoop based data mining platform for Terabyte data mining activities
- Cloud Computing with business models from O&M approach to new concepts related to end users' devices.